Currently residing in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Bass Trombonist Eric Henson holds degrees from Western Carolina University, the University of Maryland, College Park. As an educator, Henson is in demand as a clinician and teacher from Pennsylvania to Georgia. Motivated by a strong desire to cultivate music in young people, he joined the faculty of Limestone University in 2011 and has rapidly grown the low brass studio in both quantity and quality. Under his direction, the Limestone University Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble has given performances at the 2016 International Tuba Euphonium Conference, the 2017 South Carolina Music Educator’s Conference, and the 2017 Great American Brass Band Festival. His students have won positions in various military bands, summer festivals, and high school honor ensembles in Maryland, North and South Carolina.
Henson is an active performer across the Southeast and holds principal positions in the Augusta Symphony, Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra, and Rock Hill Symphony Orchestra. From 2008 to 2015, he held the position of bass trombonist with The King’s Brass and can be heard on many of their recent recordings on the Summit Records label. Additionally, he has performed with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Charlotte Symphony Orchestra and the North Carolina Symphony Orchestra. As a soloist, Henson won the grand prize in the 2017 International Women’s Brass Conference solo competition and performed at the 2018 International Trombone Festival’s on the University Faculty Showcase Recital series. Mr. Henson in an S.E. Shires Artist, for more information please visit his website at www.hensonsmusic.me.
- Director of Bands, East Rutherford High School, Forest City NC (2006-2007)
- Instructional Brass Staff, Carolina Crown (2007)
- Bass Trombonist, Capitol Wind Symphony, Washington D.C. (2009-2010)
- Guest Clinician, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga Brass Day (2014)
- Member, International Trombone Association
- Member, International Tuba Euphonium Association
- Member, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
- Low Brass Adjunct Faculty
- Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble Director
- Trombone Choir Director
- Marching Saints Brass Tech