Music Department Facilities
Impeccable facilities have been an administrative priority to ensure a pleasant learning environment for students taking part in Limestone’s Department of Music.
An acoustically excellent hall with seating for nearly 1,000 guests, Fullerton Auditorium is perfect for a variety of performance needs. Newly renovated, Fullerton is one of the finest performing arts facilities in the region with state-of-the-art lighting and sound. Fullerton Auditorium, completed in 1969, is home to an Aeolian-Skinner organ, built in 1949 by G. Donald Harrison who also built the famous organ in the Mormon Tabernacle two years after constructing the one housed inside Fullerton. The organ at Limestone is valued at over $500,000.
Carroll Fine Arts Building:
Limestone students enjoy everyday instruction in the Carroll Fine Arts Building. Opened in 1925 and restored in 1993, this building houses a music technology lab, practice rooms, classrooms, faculty studios, and a formal recital hall for small, more intimate performances.
Instrumental Music Building:
Located in downtown Gaffney, a short distance from the main campus, is Limestone’s instrumental music site. Since 2012, Limestone’s instrumental music groups have used the facility for classes and practices. The site also hosts Honor Band and Middle and High School band camps.